Welcome To M Tech Structural Engineering
About The Department
M.Tech in Structural Engineering SJCIT, Chikkaballapur, is one of the best Engineering College in Karnataka.
Department of Civil Engineering has started this PG Program in the year 2010. The program is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Karnataka. The M Tech (Structural Engineering) programme is of four semesters (two year) duration; each of six months duration. Apart from theory, a student comeacross various practical aspects of training in this field and gets to do project works on the same. There are industry visits, seminars and guest talks by experts from the industry thrown in as part of the training.
MTech in Structural Engineering program includes advanced structural mechanics, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, structural reliability and optimization, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete, steel structures design for wind and earthquake, tall buildings and towers, computer applications in structural engineering, etc.
Students have access to a structural lab, material testing lab, computer lab, and geotechnical engineering lab and a library. Also, students will be given exposure to software’s such as STAAD Pro, ETABS etc.
The special feature of the programme is to develop aspirant students as self-pride, confident, efficient professionals/entrepreneurs/consultants. Students will have 6 months internship programme during third semester and our department centre provides facilities for internship recruitments from major companies. Most of the students have bagged internship in very reputed companies and they offered placement in the same.
To Build competent CIVIL Engineers with a Societal Perspective.
By providing infrastructure and state-of-the-art laboratory facilities to meet the requirements of curriculum, research and consultancy services.
Imparting Technical Knowledge and Skills of current and future needs of the industry.
By inculcating Professionalism and motivate entrepreneurship among the students to serve the society.
- Students completing this program will have opportunities within the country as well as abroad to work and execute structural design projects of complex structures such as shells, folded plates, tall structures etc.They also have prospects of becoming entrepreneurs in structural consultancy.
- Private and public sector organizations engaged in the design and execution of major infrastructure projects such as roads and railways, bridges and power plants.
- Opportunity in teaching field is also exists for professionals of this field.
- An independent laboratory is provided for PG program with loading frames with testing facilities, shake table etc. Separate class rooms are provided with department library. Staff members are well qualified with doctoral degree.
- To apply for MTech Structural Engineering, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related fields of Engineering.