Welcome to Department of First Year Engineering
About The Department
The requirement for admission to the Graduate Program in any of the disciplines: Pass in 10+2 Or Equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with one of the following subjects : Chemistry, Bio- Technology, Computer Science, Biology, Electronics with not less than 50% of the aggregate marks in optional subjects with English as one of the Languages (45% in case of SC / ST / Other backward classes specified in the relevant Government order for the purpose of reservation only for Kamataka students) for admission to Engineering & Technology courses or Diploma holders who have secured 45% marks in appropriate branch of Engineering in final year Diploma. Foreign students are also admitted to B.E. courses
The Department of Basic Sciences is a part of science and Technology. The Department has been devoted to provide and serve the fundamental principles, understanding of basic science disciplines and innovative ideas to various programs. This department serves intellectual and supports to the students for various programs
- To develop human resources of high quality endowed with moral, ethical values and integrity.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To upgrade the knowledge of students to meet the requirement of the Engineering education.
- To prepare the students of Engineering with sound basic knowledge of science and Mathematics..
- To improve the results of students to the level of 70% pass in all subjects and 95% for eligibility.
- To conduct guest lecture on Application of Applied Science in Engineering and Technology per Semester.
- To send at least one of the staff member to attend the Workshop/Conference/STTP/Seminar from each Department
IMPORTANT PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
- Dr.CS. Prakash & Dr.Rajashekara KM have got the project entitled “ Synthesis and characterisation of Nano hexa ferrites” for the amount Rs.26.0352 lakhs from DST-SERB.
- Dr.Rajashekara KM have got the project from VGST of Rs.4.00 lakhs.
- Dr.Rajashekara KM as a guide got TRIP Student project sanctioned for the amount Rs. 30,000 From VGST , Govt. of Karnataka.